FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

GRATITIUDE


About a week ago I heard the heartbreaking story of Emerson White. She is the daughter of a girl that went to high school with me in Michigan. Eme is a very sick little girl recovering from a huge transplant operation that brought her 3 new organs in an attempt to save her life. This operation was done in Omaha. Her mother has been by her side since the operation in June. This dear mother's husband and other two children remain at their home in Colorado. I can't imagine the strength it takes to endure such a process of waiting and hoping and separation. She keeps a blog which she updates pretty much every day. She needs everyones prayers! I will add the link below.
The reality of this sweet girl holding on to life has changed the way I look at my kids, hold my kids, and appreciate them. It makes me grateful daily to have children that can eat and not be fed by a tube. They can breath without a ventilator. They can move. With every day I am more aware of the fragility of our mortal bodies and strength of our spirits.
Isn't this why our Father in Heaven organized us into families? Who else but our family could endure such difficulties and stand side by side through good, bad, and impossible odds never giving up! To want to take the struggle away and place it on themselves instead. What a beautiful thing are families!
http://www.cotaforemersonw.com

No comments: