FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuummmbbbbaaaa


Running is killing my knees lately so I've backed way off. I can feel my knees swelling, it swells in back of my knees which is the same reoccurring old injury I fight every time I overdo it (I fell once on the mountain and have never been the same since then as a runner). This even happens after I run even short distances so so much for that until I recover properly and it will take time, lots of it, I've been here before. Once a doctor told me I wasn't built for running and he should have known better. Anytime someone says I can't I have a mission to prove them wrong and kept doing it and got pretty good too until the injury. I am only temporarily out of service but love it too much to not do it again once I'm bounced back.

In the mean time on to my other new favorite form of cardio... zumba! My neighbor introduced me to it and I fell in love with it right away. It reminds me so much of my dance team days, so much fun! I am learning to shake it again, it's been so long. If I can't memorize the choreography for the routines to the zumba songs it drives me insane. I wish I had more time to obsess over it and get better! Determined Cinda still lives, I spend more time trying to remember steps than I do with the laundry these days. Sometimes I do them both at the same time. My kids love it when I dance all over the house (not) especially when friends are over. I just really want to give them a healthy dose of trauma, embarrass them when I can, as they watch my groove thing doing its jello wiggle impression. Yep, I'm a giver...

3 comments:

Pam said...

I hope your knee gets to recovering. Zumba sounds like fun! I can relate to the jello giggler thing.

Aimee said...

Shake that thing girl.........This is the crazy neighbor that introduced you to Zumba. Are you ready to shoot me yet? I would. Thanks for joining me in the toning quest. Thanks for being a loyal follower!

CK Nethercott aka Mom said...

Shoot u? Heck no! You gave me an enormous gift with this! I had forgotten how much I love to dance and it makes me happy every time, even when I am obsessively practicing! lol