FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pecan Tarlettes


Here they are... yummy. If you enjoy pecan pie, these are your new best friends. It made my house smell like Christmastime. Ahhhhhh..... love it!

This is my assistant, still in her pj's... that's how we bake at our house. She is holding our "tamper" which I never used before this recipe. It's so much fun to use!

First, you make a small dough ball and put it in our greased tart pan....

Then the assistant takes her FLOURED tamper and squishes the ball until the sides of it come up the the top of the pan. Flour after each press into the dough!

Then we bake the "shells" for 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Then take the pan out of the oven.
Spoon the filling into each tart and bake again for 10-12 minutes .

Here is the recipe if you'd like to try!

Pecan Tartlettes:
Crust:
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sugar............mix
1 egg white...........beat by hand to fluff
1 1/4 cup flour
Bake 325 for 10 minutes, remove and add filling:
Filling:
2 eggs
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans.
Bake at 325 an extra 10-12 minutes.

***FYI: I double the crust batter because the filling goes a long way!

1 comment:

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love mini desserts like these. I especially like your little helper. My parents seem to have all the great gadgets like you used. I don't have the room to store them, but oh if I did I would be a cooking/baking gadget junkie!

Rebecca of the R&W Gals