FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fog

It was foggy this morning and I had an interesting thought as I drove the kids to school and it set off my anolytical mind- really love analogies...

Fog is strange, some parts are harder to see through than others and sometimes I find that I am at the mercy of the 5 feet ahead rule. Today as I was in the thickest part of a fog, not sure what was very far ahead of me and I had an epiphany of sorts. I wanted to hurry but knew it was best to take an unclear path slowly, simple enough. As I approached the distance, little by little things started to look clearer. I realized that this is where I am in my life right now. I've been struggling through the fog, trying to take it slow, fight the urge to look too far ahead and get frustrated or confused by the slow pace, but now things are starting to look clearer. Things I struggled with but learned some lessons from are making sense finally- I'm seeing the WHY! I suppose the fog is our living by faith (trusting when we cannot see), inching along in our embryonic state as we learn to be bigger, better, and more brave while approaching the unknown. The sun is the WHY, it comes out and burns off the fog and then if we are looking, we will see where we've ended up and why/how we got there. Today, for me, the sun is coming out and I see the road much, much, clearer and I stand in awe. I suppose I am grateful for fog, it makes me appreciate the clarity and honesty of the sun.

1 comment:

Jenn L. said...

I love this analogy, great lesson! :)