FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Truckin'


My baby, I mean my 15 1/2 year old son, is on his way home with his dad from a big purchase. His first car! I'm gonna cry for so many reasons right now. First, no way can I be this old. I really can't afford the Botox yet, he needs to wait! Second, because he will be actually driving. I don't like it! The list goes on and on but it's too much whining on my part so I will resist.

The funny thing is that it's a piece of doo doo car and yet my son is so in love with it he might throw up. My husband is so in love with it I am a little jealous of it already. What's with men and cars? It's a Nisson pick up truck (so not technically a car), dull gray, dinged up, beat to a crisp in this desert heat, and the love of their lives. Men... they have a new toy. I guess I will step back and let the male bonding begin. Maybe this really is a good time to sneak out and get the Botox. It's either that or cry tears of unbelief that he actually has a car and has not yet even taken drivers education. Oh, did I leave out that little nugget? It's all his Dad's fault! Dad is so excited to see his boy be a man, Mom is not so excited to see him behind the wheel.

No comments: