FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Up close

I'm love to snap photo's of nature. Just thought I'd post some of my nature shots from our trip to green green Michigan...

I love ferns, they are so lush and beautiful and EVERYWHERE.


This freakish picture is what a dragonfly sheds when it grows, being the science geek I am I wanted to keep it but knowing it would crumble and gross out people if I touched it, I settled for a picture. Below is a picture of a dragonfly who has just emerged from shedding and it's tail hasn't even straightened out yet.





The pink water lilly. Okay, I cheated and took these lily pictures at a water garden store.




Little blue flowers that grow along the waters edge at the lake.



This is moss that is growing in the woods. It was so soft and lit by the evening sun.

Chloe's crayfish / crawdad. He was a lively one.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Those are just lovely. That is so interesting about the dragonfly.

Great job and I love the fern too. My aunt is named Fern :P

Ashley said...

I just found your blog from my friend Rachel's. Your pictures are gorgeous!!!
Come by my blog to enter some fun giveaways! I have a few of them, and not many people have entered yet, so your chances of winning are really good!