FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Blossoms



I know, I'm on a roll. 3 posts in one day, what's up? I am having so many thoughts and "moments" lately. Maybe I AM old... although I'd like to think it's more like inspiration. Anyway, I am so pleased with the blossoming tree's that have popped open this past week. It is so beautiful here in the spring. We are all miserable with allergies from them but they are pretty little things.

The thought... these blossoms make me think how many other things are blooming as well. The possibilities, the opportunities, the kids! For sure the kids. I am watching them grow like weeds lately. Christian is in a size 2 men's shoe at 15. Corynn wears my clothes and only in 7th grade. Chloe and Sadie are growing way too fast as well, but I can still pick them up and pretend they are my snugly little babies for a bit longer. (I just won't let them know that's what I'm thinking of course).

The curse of a mother is that when we look at our kids we see the whole spectrum of who they are, from the day you brought them home to where they are at this minute and you wonder how the heck they got to this point so fast. (That's why we always cry at milestones I guess, another slap in the face about how fast time flies). Then you worry that you didn't teach them enough... Love them enough... Hold them enough... Enjoy those little blossoms before they blow away and chase after their dreams.

2 comments:

Jake, Ashlee, and Jaxon Gardner said...

So true! Great pics...are these from your yard?! I just wanted to tell ya I tagged ya...check out my blog!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Nice pics! I love it when the trees are in bloom.