FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Reading Between the Lines...


As I was cleaning today, gathering trash in the trashiest room in the house which of course belongs to my teenage son, I came across this little folded piece of paper. (Almost tossed it, but decided to check it first in case it was a note from a girl- which is always a big deal to a mom). Anyway, it was for us and it was the sweetest note, I shed a couple tears and beamed with the knowledge that I had the best son ever. I won't write all it said, it mentioned all we give up for him, thankfulness for his parents, and how he loves us.

Then, it hit me. Holy cow, what brought this on? UH OH- Did he hear my major money freak out the other night? (His room is right above ours) and then the guilt. Tell me he didn't hear me the breakdown, the crying fit (it was just the stressed out about money boiling point where I snapped).

I think I would rather believe he just loves us and was overcome with gratitude. (Not a common thing we find 15 yr old boys doing much of). Whatever the case may be. That is a note I'm hanging on to forever (and let it be a lesson for me to cry into my pillow from now on)!

1 comment:

Heather McDonald said...

This assures you that you're such good parents!! How thoughtful of him.