FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pie Anyone?

I had fun making little pies today. I got the idea from the June Better Homes and Gardens magazine that I just got in the mail (Page 174). See Picture. It's so fun and pretty simple. Check out this link for the recipe. I love how they serve them in the cute cups with the spoon tied on. Adorable.



Okay, so mine didn't turn out as nice (see below) but they were still good. I did it simple with just refrigerated pie crusts and a can of pie filling. Before baking them at 400 degrees poke them with a fork and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on them. Bake til filling bubbles and cool on the parchment lined pan. It's messy but a good twist on boring pie. It reminds me of the McDonald pies a little. I made apple and cherry today (cherry were the favorite). By the way, just ignore the messy filling all over, they oozed a little but it was finger licking good.


1 comment:

MotherToMany said...

Ooo that is fun and simple. I'll have to try that too.