FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

RIP

Saturday, we had a death in family and said goodbye to... the hamster. Poor Teddy (or "Tety" as it is spelled on his gravestone). Our other hammy "Chuck" remains alive. We aren't sure why the Teddy died, no blood, no outward signs, they just don't live very long. It was a rite of passage, part of growing up for my daughter who cried all day. I felt so bad for her, I remember well when I had animals die when I was a kid and it hurts.

My younger girls wanted her to feel better so they helped me bury the little guy in a child's shoe box and Chloe said a sweet prayer for it. One corner of our yard is becoming a grave yard, doesn't every yard have that with kids around? We have funerals for every dead bird that flies into the window or that the cat leaves mangled on our doorstep. I know, it's grewsome. That is life with kids... it's not for the weak.




During the good old days...





The grave...




The sweet picture of Teddy that Chloe made to make Corynn feel better. So sweet
.

No comments: