FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Would I..

This is the song that the children sing at church that I love the most over any other song. It makes me cry to hear them sing it because I want so much to have them truly understand and feel these words in their hearts so it can comfort them and help direct them. It's an ugly world at times and sometimes growing up in it is hard. I may be old, but I remember. I sing it to my kids at bedtime in hopes that they will always remember it's message, as soon as they are able to understand it. (It helps me know that I need to get my act together).

If the Savior stood beside me
Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments
and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh
Watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind
If He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I live more righteously?
If I could see the Savior standing nigh
Watching over me?

He is always near me
Though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly
I am in His watchful care.
So I'll be the kind of person
that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh
Watching over me.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I was called to Primary in our new ward over a year ago and I heard that song for the first time. I knew I had to get a copy of it. I love the lyrics and the melody. I'm no longer in Primary but I still will sing it in my car when things are rough.

CK Nethercott aka Mom said...

I'm the lucky primary pres. I was first counselor for 2 years and pres for almost 2. I don't think I'd rather be anywhere else!